JULY 13-21, 2024
Phinda & Durban
JULY 13-21, 2024
Phinda & Durban
A SAFARI + A DREAMY COASTAL ESCAPE
We are going to take it all in. Start your trip by taking in the sights and experiencing the African game up close and personal for 3 days. Then we head to one of South Africa’s most celebrated hotels, as famous for its remarkable coastal views as the understated luxury and gracious hospitality that have become the hallmarks of this cherished seaside destination.
- Welcome Dinner with African Face painting & Drumming Challenge
- Denim & Pearls High Tea
- An award winning spa
- Durban Bollywood Show & Henna Hand Painting
Our Travel Photo Album
PHINDA FOREST & MOUNTAIN LODGES - PHINDA
With its seven distinct habitats, Phinda Private Game Reserve is often described as ‘Seven Worlds of Wonder’, a magnificent tapestry of woodland, grassland, wetland and forest, interspersed with mountain ranges, rivers, marshes and pans. Showcasing one of the continent’s finest game viewing experiences, the reserve is home to Africa’s Big Five, as well as 436 bird species.
Set in a rare and beautiful sand forest, the glass walls of Phinda Forest Lodge’s 16 air-conditioned suites offer a sweeping view of one of the most unique ecosystems on the planet. A dense canopy provides privacy, and floor to ceiling windows invite the forest in, with the wonderful opportunity to view wildlife roaming outside your glass “bubble”, fluttering birds nesting in the foliage and the gentle rustle of forest sounds.
On the edge of the forest, just before a clearing that overlooks a small waterhole, lies the lodge’s sparkling rim-flow swimming pool, an ideal respite in between game drives. Expansive decks in the spacious guest area, look out onto panoramic views of an open grassy meadow. In the evenings, when warm firelight welcomes you to the traditional African boma, wide-eyed bush babies watch inquisitively from the trees above, as you in indulge in a lantern-lit feast beneath a canvas of stars.
Choose from a range of exciting Phinda Adventures such as a specialist walking and tracking safaris, a sleep-out under the stars, and other participative conservation experiences such rhino notching or pangolin tagging. Also on offer outside of the reserve, within easy access of the reserve are Zulu village tours, Africa Foundation community visits, a Maputaland exploration, Maputaland beach trips, night turtle drives (seasonal), scuba safaris, or an incredible ocean safari that offers you a host of marine life sightings. Specialist safaris can be arranged in advance and focus on special interests such as birding, photographic, family and private safaris.
THE OYSTER BOX HOTEL
Occupying a majestic location on the Umhlanga beachfront in KwaZulu-Natal province, The Oyster Box is one of South Africa’s most celebrated hotels, as famous for its remarkable coastal views as the understated luxury and gracious hospitality that have become the hallmarks of this cherished seaside destination.
Set just 15 minutes’ drive from King Shaka International Airport, The Oyster Box offers an array of individually decorated rooms and suites, an award-winning spa set amid tropical gardens, and a mouth-watering menu of restaurants and bars.
LUXURY SEA FACING ROOMS
Ideal for both business and leisure travellers, our Luxury Sea-Facing Rooms offer a private balcony overlooking Umhlanga’s iconic lighthouse and the KwaZulu-Natal coastline. All rooms include a spacious bathroom featuring double vanities and separate shower.
- Fresh fruit & flowers
- Luxury toiletries
- Private balcony
- Exquisite linens
- Generous daily breakfast at The Ocean Terrace
- Complimentary mineral water, tea and coffee-making facilities
- Well-stocked mini-bar
- Fresh fruit and flowers in-room
- A selection of current magazines and books
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Flat-screen satellite TV with more than 25 channels
- Movies on demand from our in-house DVD library
- CD/DVD players
- Bespoke B|Africa in-room amenities
- Soap and pillow menus
- Luxurious bathrobes and slippers
- Housekeeping service twice daily
- Two direct-dial telephone lines with voicemail
- Complimentary high-speed WI-FI
- Heated towel rails
- Iron and ironing board
- In-room safe
- Beach equipment (including sun umbrellas, beach bags, balls, bats and suntan lotion) available from reception
Reserve Your Trip Now
Book your spot
FULL PACKAGE WITH AIRFARE FROM NEW YORK-JFK
SINGLE: $10,759 per person | DOUBLE: $8759 per person
LAND ONLY, NO AIRFARE
SINGLE: $7959 per person | DOUBLE: $5959 per person
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Gratuities for Drivers and Tour Guides (suggested $10 per day for tour guide, $5 per day for driver)
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Meals except where noted above
- Additional excursions offered by Tour Guide
Missing a vacation is bad enough. Losing the money you paid for your vacation is even worse. Trip insurance is therefore recommended. Review a list of travel insurance companies here.
- All prices are based on the rates of exchange in effect at the time of price quotation. In the event that the US dollar devalues, Premier Travel One and Travel Divas reserves the right to increase prices accordingly. Your final invoice will reflect increases resulting from currency devaluation.
- Traveling abroad requires a passport valid for six months beyond the travel dates. Your passport should not expire before January 21, 2025.
- Men and children are welcomed at the same rate.
- Roommate Matching is offered for this tour. If you want to be matched, please enter “Roommate Requested” on the reservation form where it asks for your roommate name. Also, please note roommate matching does not take place until after 75% of the cost of the package is paid for both attendees.
- The group flight will leave US on July 13, 2024 and arrive in Durban on July 14, 2024. Check-in into the hotel for the group is July 14, 2024.
- If you are making your own flight arrangements, you will fly into King Shaka International Airport (DUR).
- If you purchase land only package, your will be responsible for your own airport transfers to and from the hotel.
TERMS & POLICIES
- Making reservations for this package signifies your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
- All payments to Premier Travel One d/b/a Travel Divas are non-refundable and non-transferable. This is because Premier Travel One d/b/a Travel Divas has contractual agreements with hotels, airlines and other vendors that will not allow us to obtain any refunds. This way we can keep our package prices low and allow you to make monthly payments on your vacation.
- Passengers are responsible for ensuring that they have the proper travel documents and MUST CHECK with the respective consulate(s) or visa agency to determine whether any visas or passports are required. Passports are required to be valid for at least 6 months after the date of travel. Some countries require a full blank “VISA” page in the passport for stamping purposes. Any information provided on travel description pertains to US citizens only. Non-US citizens should check with the respective consulate of the country(s) to be visited for current entry requirements.
- Reservations must be made in your FULL NAME as it appears on your passport. Your name on your invoice MUST match your passport.
- Missing a vacation is bad enough. Losing the money you paid for your vacation is even worse. Therefore, we recommend Travel Protection that helps provide coverage for Trip Cancellation, Interruption, Baggage Loss or Delay, Medical Expenses and more. We have a full list of travel insurance vendors. Click here to see referrals.
- Seat assignments ARE at the discretion of airlines. Seats for this group tour are only located in economy class.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. Please make your reservations today at this price to be locked in.
- Monthly payments are required to keep your reservations current. Your invoice will clearly note your payment plan. We suggest you put this payment plan on your personal calendar.
- You must ensure your roommate, if applicable, is also making timely monthly payments.
- Roommate Matching is available. Review our Roommate Matching Program.
- You can log-in to our client portal to view your account and reservations 24 hours a day.
- Name changes are allowed with a $100 name change fee up until the final payment date and $250 after final payment date plus any vendor fees.
- Late payment of $250 per person is required after final due date listed on your payment plan. Late payment fees are automatically added to your reservations the day after your final due date.
- All late payment requests must be approved by management before the final payment deadline on your account.